måndag 23 september 2013





I do have many dresses at home but this is by far my favorite one.
This is a nightgown from the early 1900:s. The fabric is true cotton and it falls like a heavy sheet would. That's because this gorgeous thing probably has been a sheet once and than been transformed to nightclothes when the time has called for it. The shoulder straps are hand made lace, it is "knypplat" as we say in Swedish. Knyppla is an old lace tradition, like tatting. This kind of lace was popular to use on linens in the beginning of the 1900th centuary in Sweden.

It is rare to find a so old vintage nightgown that feels so loved and yet has no spots or tears. I feel a bit silly but every time I put it on I feel moved by it and it's history. 
I bought it on one of my favorite vintage boutiques in Stockholm: Old Touch. Old Touch has a lot, a lot of rare items in a very small place. Though it's very much to look at the store is still very looked after and they display new stuff like every month.I can go there for hours. This dress cost me around 52 dollar, which felt like nothing. 

And a tip if you are going to a Gatsby party or a 1920:s theme soon - here you can rent your whole 1920:s outfit for 250 crowns, which is about 37 dollar.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar