lördag 30 november 2013









This weekend it is time for flea market finds! Solnahallen Megaloppis, a flea market in Solna in Sweden, is this weekend. I was there today and found a lot of awesome clothes! They also have a lot of collectors items, tin jars from the 50:s, 60:s and 70:s and all you can want. Be sure to go if you are close to Stockholm tomorrow. You can find more information here. The most precious item on this look was bought there!

Yes, it is this cap, a rare working cap from the 1920:s. It is in brown leather and it has had it's wear and tear by the years gone by, as it should have. I was so fascinated when I found it at the flea market some years ago. You have seen the type of cap on many pictures, one of the famous ones is 'Lunch atop a Skyscraper' from 1932. But I had never before seen one in real life. To think it has been saved for so many years.    

Another oldie is the white 'grandpa' sweater. It is a piece of underclothing from the beginning of the 1900:s sometime. What calls out for me the most was the sticker that said "10 år" ("10 years") that still was on it. So it was for ten year olds, but it has the perfect fit. I am very careful with it. I found that one on a antique fair in Stockholm.

The brown leather jacket is also for kids really. I found it on a flea market in Täby last summer and thought I could save it if I couldn't have it - but now it is one of my favorite leather jackets! It is so rustic in a way. 

The shorts are also a find. A thrift store sold out some clothes and I could buy them for 3 dollars, and later found out that they are made in like angora and wool. Super warm and super soft.

Photographer: Michaela Lindén

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar