onsdag 1 oktober 2014


Gosh, let me tell you about the most amazing sale ever.

As you might have noticed, I have a thing for vintage theater costumes. So the Opera in Stockholm, founded 1773, had to sell out some of their clothing a couple of weeks ago. I am talking about vintage clothing that have been on stage for real. They only have sales like these ones every fifth year or so - and this one was the biggest yet.

In my imagination I thought the pieces would go for about 100 dollar each. So I said to my friend that I will buy one costume but I would be prepared to pay for it. 

Turns out it was cheap. Turns out this vintage showgirl piece cost 5 dollars. Turns out I bought bags and bags of vintage clothing.

My gosh! I will put up more pictures soon and you will see all of them. I am so in love. See more from the sale here!

And the feather in these pictures, is a rare headpiece from the 1920:s. Such a lovely, fragile thing. To think it has survived so many years, it makes me shiver. 


2 kommentarer:

  1. Stop making me jealous dammit! One day I will be enticed to Stockholm with the promise of all of these vintage sales you keep describing

    SvaraRadera
  2. Haha I hope you will! Just tell me in beforehand so I can recommend you some stuff!

    SvaraRadera